Nottingham tree-ring dating laboratories have just published a report on the date of timber frames in the Old Boar’s Head, Middleton. It appears that there are two houses dated 1622 and 1654 which were joined together at a later date. The oldest building is on the right (North) whilst the later timber frame is on the left as far as Durnford Street. The brick built sessions room is believed to have been added in the early 19th century.
The survey was sponsored by Middleton Township Heritage Lottery Fund.
Details and a copy of the report are available on the Middleton Archaeological Society website